Hair loss is a condition that many people worry about because the head is a very visible part of the body. It is also known as alopecia and can affect the whole body or just the scalp, temporarily or permanently.
According to experts from the Mayo Clinic, a non-profit organization dedicated to clinical practice, education and research, hair loss “can be the result of heredity, hormonal changes, medical conditions or a normal part of aging Anyone can lose hair on their head, but it’s more common in men.
To treat hair loss, many people resort to commercial products, such as shampoos, lotions, and treatments that promise to combat it. Its effects may vary from person to person. It is advisable to consult a doctor so that it is he who indicates the instructions for treating it.
Alopecia can negatively affect people’s lives. That’s why the Mayo Clinic recommends seeing your doctor “if you’re upset about your child’s hair loss and want treatment.” For women suffering from hair loss (frontal fibrous alopecia), Talk to your doctor about early treatment to avoid significant permanent baldness.
Home remedies are one of the other alternatives that people resort to to combat conditions such as hair loss. Ideally, consult a specialist before applying any product to avoid complications.
According to the website Panorama, coriander is an ingredient that can be used for the preparation of a hair tonic, which can contribute to the prevention of hair loss.
“Coriander, widely used in Mexican cuisine, has great properties such as manganese, iron and magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, thiamin, niacin and carotene.. In addition to vitamin C, K and protein »highlights the portal.
The result of this type of homemade preparations can be different for each person. It is advisable to consult a dermatologist before applying any product to the hair.
Here are the ingredients for the cilantro tonic:
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro.
- 2 cups of water.
- In a saucepan add water and bring to a boil.
- When it reaches boiling point, add the cilantro.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes over low heat.
- When the mixture turns green, remove from the heat.
- Wait for it to cool.
- Apply the toner directly to the scalp with a light massage.
- Leave for one hour.
- After it’s time to rinse and wash with the usual routine.
- Repeat the treatment once a week to improve results.
cilantro face mask
Better with Health, a site specializing in beauty and personal care, explains how to enjoy the benefits of cilantro for hair through a mask, which can promote growth and fight dandruff.
- ½ ripe avocado.
- 1 cup coriander leaves (60 g).
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel (15 g).
- Put all the ingredients in the mixer and mix for several minutes to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Using a brush, apply the mixture to the hair (clean).
- Make circular movements.
- Leave the mask on for half an hour.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
The Mayo Clinic recalls some recommendations to avoid certain types of hair loss:
- Treat it gently: Some people make the mistake of combing their hair roughly and pulling it hard. It is advisable to use a wide-toothed comb to avoid pulling.
- Pay attention to treatments: the use of harsh treatments such as hot or permanent curlers should be avoided.
- Hairstyles: there are those who mistreat their hair by picking it up with a knot or a rubber band. The use of braids should be moderate.
- Medications: ask your doctor if any pills or supplements you’re taking can cause long-term hair loss.
- Sunscreen: limit hair exposure to the sun and other light sources. Protect it with caps, hats, etc.