Dandruff is a pathology that usually occurs when the scalp begins to flake. This is a problem that can be caused by a scalp fungus called “malassezia” which, although it sounds unpleasant, is present on all heads.
Dandruff flakes are normally yellow or white in color and can cause uncomfortable itching on the scalp. According MedlinePlusUnited States National Library website, it can start after puberty and is more common in men.
Even if you wash your hair very well every day, dandruff is a problem that can show up on the scalp and affect your well-being. When dandruff is mild, it can be treated by using a mild or anti-dandruff shampoo daily.
If that doesn’t work, you should see a doctor. Additionally, there are home and natural remedies that can be applied to the hair that help combat this problem. However, these should be consulted with a doctor.
Given what has been said, the specialized portal better with health explained that One of the natural products that can help reduce dandruff is apple cider vinegar. because it could kill fungus and bacteria on the skin naturally.
Hence, this product becomes a great help in treating eczema and other skin conditions, such as dryness and dandruff. The procedure that can be performed to reduce this last condition is as follows:
1. In a container, dilute half a cup of apple cider vinegar and half a cup of warm water.
of them. Wash hair with shampoo and water as usual.
3. With damp hair, apply apple cider vinegar to the scalp using a cotton ball.
Four. During application perform circular massages for five minutes.
5. Wait for the product to dry.
6. If desired, apply conditioner to improve the smell and feel of the hair.
seven. Repeat the process daily until you notice improvement.
In addition to the above, the magazine HOW TO DOpublished via the portal sports worldlisted some tricks with which it is possible to prevent the appearance of dandruff:
- Eat healthy : According to the Mayo Clinic, it is important that the daily diet contains nutrition containing zinc, B vitamins and certain types of fats, which can contribute positively to the prevention of dandruff.
- Use shampoos with natural ingredients: It is best to opt for products that promote scalp health. For instance, Chrysalis extract can help prevent the appearance of dandruff as it regenerates the skin in the area.
- Avoid harsh products: It is best to try to use products with a high amount of chemicals in their compounds as little as possible, such as lacquer, lacquer, dyes, among others.
- Rinse hair with lukewarm water: “Using hot water when applying shampoo can unbalance the pH of the scalp and also damage the hair cuticle. If you don’t like cold water, the best thing you can do is always wash hair with lukewarm water,” Dr. Madhuri Agarwal, founder of aesthetic clinic Yavana, told Vogue magazine.
- Reduce stress and anxiety: these promote the onset of dandruff and other conditions. The best is to try to relax or go to see a specialist which helps deal with any tensions you may have.
- Hair styling: Some people make the mistake of combing their hair roughly and pulling it hard. It is advisable to use a wide-toothed comb to avoid pulling. This process helps remove dead hair cells.